- Carnival Show Nostalgia Remember the Everly Brothers? Still listen to The Beatles? Does rock ‘n’ roll make you want to get up and dance? Then you’ll love this year’s Carnival show, which is on at The Guildhall, Chard during Carnival week.
Celebrating 50 years of Chard Carnival, Chard Entertainment’s latest production ‘Free And Easy’ is an opportunity ...
- The Vicar of Dibley a HUGE sucess! Review by Steve Sowden, Chard Press
Chard Entertainment Society took to the stage this evening (Wednesday, October 5, 2016) for the opening performance of their hilarious Vicar of Dibley production. The show is based on sketches from the much-loved TV sitcom starring Dawn French as the larger-than-life woman vicar Rev Geraldine Grainger.
The Chard Press went ...
- Annual General Meeting Please note that the Society’s AGM will be held on Monday 25th July at 7.30pm in the ballroom of The Phoenix Hotel, Chard.
The meeting will include the election of Officers and Committee members for the coming year. To access the official notification and nomination form please click here.
Members are reminded that subscriptions for 2016/17 are ...
- One Man, Two Guvnors on stage Leigh Conley proved to be a genuine match for James Corden’s OMTG performance and the rest of the cast rose to his lead. Many thanks to Philip Wells for directing and to the unsung support team – Simon Cobbledick behind the scenes as stage manager, Brian Eastell for superb sound and Richard Cook for ...
- The Vicar of Dibley cast news Following auditions on 13th June, Jack Price has made his casting decisions as follows:
Geraldine Grainger………. Caroline Markham
David Horton…………….. Neil Wells
Hugo Horton…………….. Mike Spellar
Alice Tinker………………. Judith Izzard
Letitia Cropley……………. Amy Stoodley
Frank Pickle………………. Dick Arnold
Jim Trott………………….. David Penticost
Owen Newitt……………… Adam Chudley
Thanks to Adam for stepping in to the Owen role – we’re sure he will do it justice!
Rehearsals will start at 7.30pm on ...
- The Vicar of Dibley Auditions Following the read through at 7.30pm on Monday June 6th at The Phoenix Hotel ballroom, auditions for The Vicar of Dibley will be held on Monday 13th June at the same venue, starting at 7.30pm.
Everyone is welcome to come along and try for a part.
You will find the audition pieces here
- The Vicar of Dibley To be staged on October 5th, 6th & 7th during Carnival Week in support of Chard Carnival, this hilarious 2-act adaptation of the hit TV series ‘The Vicar of Dibley’ will be directed by Jack Smith. It features all the well-known characters, so there’s plenty of opportunity for a wide range of ages and talents.
- The funniest show comes to Chard! In the seaside town of Brighton in 1963, Francis Henshall has just been fired from his skiffle band. Despondent and desperate for fish and chips, Henshall ends up in the employ of Roscoe Crabbe, a small-time hood from the East End of London. But it turns out that “Roscoe” is really his twin sister Rachel ...
- We’ve found our Alan! CES is pleased to announce that Grant Davies will be playing the part of Alan Dangle in ‘One Man, Two Guvnors’.
- Cast List for One Man, Two Guvnors Frances Henshall – Leigh Conley
Charlie Clench – Neil Wells
Pauline Clench – Katie Glenn
Llolyd Boateng – Andy Treble
Stanley Stubbers – Mike Spellar
Dolly – Amy Stoodley
Harry Dangle – Dick Arnold
Alan Dangle – TBC
Rachel Crabbe – Judith Izzard
Gareth – Clive Smith
Christine Patterson – Marjie Dorling
Alfie – Tim Glenn
Other minor parts will be cast without audition
Rehearsals start on Monday ...